Kiron Atom Tellian
Upcoming Concerts and Performances
- Vienna, Friday, 20. April 2018,
Concert at the Palace of Justice (Justizpalast) with the Franz Schmidt Chamber Orchestra
- Salzburg, Saturday 28. April 2018 at the Kavernen 1595 as part of the Festival Aspekte Salzburg.
Finalist concert of the composers competition "Jugend komponiert 2018".
- Vienna, Monday, 1. October 2018, Wiener Konzerthaus, Lothringerstraße 20, A-1030 Wien
Kiron was born 2002 in Vienna, Austria and began studying the piano when he was five
years old. He attends the “Course for highly gifted children” at the
“University for Music and dramatic Art Vienna” in the class of
Prof. Alma Sauer since 2010. Since 2009 he also studies composition at the
“Musikschule Hernals”. Currently Kiron attends the sixth grade at the
- Finalist of the composers competition Jugend komponiert 2018. Finale on Saturday, 28. April 2018 at the Kavernen 1595 in Salzburg.
- Winner of the December 2017 Musica-Juventutis-Audition
for a concert at the Wiener Konzerthaus (Vienna, Austria), season 2018/19.
- First Prize winner at the Fifth Rosalyn Tureck International Bach Competition October 5-8, 2017, (New York City, USA)
(Only one prize is awarded in categories 3 and 6.)
- Rosalyn Tureck Prize in Category 3 - Preludes and Fugues
- Rosalyn Tureck First Prize in Category 4 - Suites, Partitas, French Overture
- Rosalyn Tureck Prize in Category 6 - Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue, Italian Concerto, Sonatas
- First prize at the Bundeswettbewerb prima la musica 2017 in the category Piano Chamber Music together with Paloma Bharucha (violin) and Fabian Mittermayer (violin).
- First prize at the 15th Peter Toperczer International Piano Competition Košice (Slovakia) 2017
- Diploma of the “Ministry of Education, science, research and sport of the Slovak Republic” for the Laureate of the competition
- Prize of the “European Union of Music Competitions for Youth – EMCY” for an excellent performance at the competition
- First prize at the 11th Lagny-sur-Marne International Piano Competition (Paris, France) 2017
- Won audition for the „Galakonzert Goldene Note“ organized by the „IM-Foundation“ at the Konzerthaus Wien 2017
- First prize at the Landeswettbewerb prima la musica Lower Austria 2017 in the category Piano Chamber Music; Kirons composition „Wahnsee“ had been played at the competition.
- First Prize at the composers competition “Jugend komponiert” in Salzburg 2016
- First prize at the Bundeswettbewerb prima la musica Linz 2016
- Special prize awarded by Steinway in Austria including a masters class with Ingolf Wunder and prize winners concert
- First Prize Landeswettbewerb prima la musica Wien 2016, prize winners concert Preisträgerkonzert at MuTh - Konzertsaal der Wiener Sängerknaben
- Third prize at the 16. International Music Competition in Osaka/Japan, October 2015 in the category piano solo and “Espoir Prize” with Trio La Mer in the category chamber music
- First prizes in category piano chamber music at the Landeswettbewerb and Bundeswettbewerb prima la musica 2015 and special prize “Prof. Dr. Konrad Fuchs-Stipendium“
- Appreciation prizes at the Kammermusik-Wettbewerb U19 with trios “Die Lacke” and “Trio La Mer”
- Second prize at the 3. International Jenö Takács Piano Competition 2014
- First prizes at the Bundeswettbewerb prima la musica 2014 in the categories piano solo and woodwind ensemble, prize winners concert in the Mozartsaal of the Wiener Konzerthaus
- Second prize at the Rudolf Heydner-Piano Competition 2014
- Second prize at the composers competition “Jugend komponiert 2014” (first prize not awarded)
- First prizes at the Landeswettbewerb prima la musica Wien 2014 in the categories piano and woodwind ensemble, prize winners concert at MuTh - Konzertsaal der Wiener Sängerknaben
- Prize holder at the Klavierpodium München 2013 with the additional prizes (prize of the junior jury, “Rosmarie-Theobald-Musikschule-Preis” Ottobrunn, “Vienna Young Pianists-Preis”)
- Second prize at the composers competition “Jugend komponiert 2013” (first prize not awarded)
- First prize at the 23. international piano competition “Città di Barletta” 2013 in Italy
- First prize with distinction at the INÖK Competition for New Music 2013
- Special prize for “musikalische Inspiration” at the Josef Windisch-Competition for the Highly Gifted 2012
- First prize with distinction at the competition „prima la musica“ 2012
Compositions (Selection) if you are interested in sheet music please send an email to Kiron.
- Wahnsee (2016) for two Violins and Piano
- Der Tropfende (2016) for orchestra
- Für mein Stoffhuhn (2015) for guitar and flute — prizewinning work
- Passacaglia for 2 Clarinets (2014)
- Variationen über einen Zwergenmarsch (2014) for piano solo
- Fahrplätze (2014) for clarinet, flute and piano
- Kia khiat (2013) for violin and piano — prizewinning work
- Speck im Schuh (2012) for clarinet, flute and piano
- 13A (2012) for vocal ensemble — prizewinning work
- Herrengarderoben und Zugang zur Bühne (2012) for bass clarinet, oboe, english horn and violoncello
- Wiener Gretzl (2011-2012) for piano solo
In the Media
"His Gigue … a delight in its extremely fast and even execution, without losing the slightest detail.
One looks forward to hearing this young man play again." New York Concert Review, Oct. 12, 2017
„Kiron Atom Tellian, erst 14 Jahre alt,[…] scheint mit vielen Wassern klangsinnlichen Komponierens
gewaschen.“ Salzburger Nachrichten, 6. Juni 2016
My Music on